Lehmunade awakes from a long blogging slumber! Good morning, all! *Yawn*
- Did you know that Red Blood Cells dont have a nucleus? Anyone knows why?
- We all talk about Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth here, bluetooth there - everyone is walking around with weird stuff clinging to their ears. Anyway, can someone tell me why the technology has been named so?
- And yes - what does the Basilisk lizard (a tropical funky looking reptile) and Dash (of The Incredibles fame) have in common?
- RBCs carry oxygen with the help of special proteins called hemoglobin, remember? They need to maximise the hemoglobin content on themselves to ensure that they can carry maximum oxygen. So, they got rid of the nucleus! Talk about cool evolution.
- Named after Harold Bluetooth, who was the King of Norway and Denmark. His claim to fame is the unification of warring tribes from Denmark, Norway and Sweden - just the way Bluetooth aims at unifying different technologies from computers to mobile phones.
- They can both run on water! The Basilisk lizard has special "padding" on its feet that helps it use the surface tension of water on glide on it. Its a powerful mechanism to escape predators.
(Div would have uploaded a pic but for this being a Win2K comp, thanks to which most blogger features have gone kaput)
So, thats it for now. And oh oh, for those people who are bored - come play Guess-the-Google! http://grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google/